Having a new baby at Christmas time this year really made me think more about Mary and the sacrifices she made to bring the savior into this world. I could not imagine having to give birth in those conditions and knowing that you must share the beautiful child that you have cared for and loved so much with the whole world. At church on Sunday one of the speakers shared the lyrics to this song and I just loved it so much that I thought I would post them for others to read... Merry Christmas.
Mary's Lullaby:
All mine in your loveliness baby, all mine.
All mine in your holiness baby divine.
Sing on herald angels in chorus sublime;
Sing on and adore, for tonight you are mine.
The wise men are coming to worship their King,
The shepherds are kneeling their homage to bring.
Out yonder the star over Judah will keep.
No harm will befall thee, then sleep baby sleep.
O let me enfold thee, my baby tonight,
While legions are singing in joyous delight.
A new star has risen to hail thee divine,
For you are a king, but tonight you are mine.
Away spectered future of sorrow and plight,
Away to the years that must follow tonight.
The pangs of Gethsemane, let them be dim,
The red drops on Calvary, not Lord, for Him!
O let me enfold thee, my baby tonight,
While legions are singing in joyous delight.
A new star has risen to hail thee divine,
For you are a king, but tonight you are mine.
Sing on herald angels in chorus sublime;
Sing on and adore, for tonight you are mine.
Friday, December 26, 2008
Mary's Lullaby
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comments:
Beautiful Deb- thanks for sharing, I have never heard it before, at least I don't think I have.
It's crazy what motherhood teaches you. This is my second January baby and to be hugely pregnant at Christmastime is really humbling. I have heard the Christmas story a hundred times, to to imagine even trying to get on a donkey let alone ride one for any distance in this huge state- not fun. Not to mention just traveling, leaving the comforts of home- no wonder she went into labor!!
Pregnancy and motherhood makes me appreciate the Savior and his and his mother's sacrifice so much more, that's probably why it's part of the plan.
Post a Comment