Earlier this year while refinishing the changing table for Landon's room my sister told me about this blog that she thought I would like. And let me tell you I more than like it I am in LOVE with this blog in fact I have become a little obsessed with it.
Miss Brooke at All Things Thrifty is so amazing at what she does and she has inspired me to do some great projects so I thought I would share a few with you.
Here is the changing table in Jocey's room when she was a baby.
Before
And here is the changing table now in
Landon's room.
Landon's room.
After
There was nothing wrong with the original version, I just wanted it to match Landon's crib. So I sanded off the white and painted it dark brown and added a black glaze to give the color more depth.
Here is my version of Brooke's famous Lima Bean Wreath.
I saved this horribly painted armoire from my parents carport.
(Ewww it was pretty gross)
Before
Now it looks like this.
After
I painted it the the same color(ish) as before but it is like night and day in the quality. I also added new knobs to give it a little nicer look
This is an end table that I got from my brother in law. It was bound for the DI and I just couldn't pass it up.
Before
After
I removed the doors, painted it black, and lined the shelves with this pretty damask paper.
If Brooke has taught me one thing it is that anything can be spray painted.
So I took these generic boring white canisters and gave them a little different look to match my kitchen better.
Before
After
A little primer and some spray paint and you can transform anything.
Stay tuned for the after of this bad boy...







3 comments:
I am so impressed! These projects are amazing. I am wanting to redo my rocking chair too. I'm excited to see what you come up with.
These look great! Your blog matches your furniture! I don't know how you do it with two babies and two dogs.
Wow! That armoire looks amazing! Good Job Deb. That is great that you found something that you love to do. You are really good at it.
Post a Comment