Thursday, October 15, 2009

One Year Ago... October 15th

One year ago today it was the day before my due date and since I woke up that morning feeling completely normal (other than being extremely huge pregnant) I went to work. The morning started out like any other morning at work just answering the phones and taking care of things.....until I noticed I was have a few contractions, they weren't very regular and not painful at all so I ignored them. When I started paying more attention to them I realized that they were coming every 15 minutes. I kept track of them for the rest of the morning and since they hadn't stopped by lunch time I decided to go home and have a nap (in my pre-natal class I learned that if contractions stopped during sleep than it wasn't true labor). I woke up after napping for almost 2 hours and the contractions had stopped, I was so dissapponited. So I decided that I would go hang out at my sister's house for the evening since there was still no baby. After arriving at Nicole's house the contractions started again, only this time they were coming every 10 minutes lasting longer and becoming more intense and painful. I was hoping so badly that this would be it. After several hours of regular contractions (still only about 7 or 8 minutes apart) I decided to head home. I told Brent that we may be heading to the hospital sometime that night so he decided to go to bed and try to get some sleep before anything major happened. I kept timing my contractions which were steadily getting closer and increasingly more painful and uncomfortable. At about 1:00 am the contractions were coming about every 3-5 minutes so I decided that it was time to go to the hospital. I woke Brent up and told him that we better go. At this point I was so nervous yet so excited that it was finally time. We arrived at the hospital and they set me up in a triage room to monitor my contractions to see if I was really in labor. The nurse measured me and I was dilated to a 3 (only 1cm more than the day before). The nurse told me that they would have to keep me in triage for an hour to see if I progressed any further.

An hour later the nurse came back to check me, I was only at 3.5cm dilated. She told me that it still wasn't enough to admit me but she would give me another hour to see if I could dilate further.


Another hour later she came back to check me and I was still at 3.5cm. I was so bummed. She told me that I hadn't progressed enough so they would have to send me home, which was the last thing I wanted to hear. They gave me a couple of percocet to help me sleep and sent me on my way.

So back home I went..........still pregnant.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your labor story is SO DIFFERENT than mine. It's interesting to read. I keep remembering where I was during all this. I was SO SURE you were going to call me during that night. I didn't dare call to bug you all day so I waited, and waited, and waited. (And also went to a fall carnival.)

Ryan, Alyse, Paetyn and Ashton said...

Wow your story is very interesting! It makes me nervous because we are hoping to have the baby early but after reading your story I am afraid that wont happen! lol I hope this pregnancy is diff for you!

Mindy Thomas said...

I love reading these each day! It has been giving me some insight to what happens. Wow deb that is some wait. Jocey was worth every minute.